two new patterns up!

If you like to sew, the wait is over. Two of the dresses from Bloom 2013 are now available as sewing patterns (and the other two are in the pipeline!)

Lisianthus pattern cover

Lily of the Valley Pattern coverThese are both really fun dresses to make (even if we do say so ourselves!) Lisianthus features lapped, topstitched bodice seams — and we’re especially proud of the way the pleats form in Lily of the Valley. They’re both intermediate level projects — hopefully not so hard as to discourage experienced seamstresses, but complicated enough to offer a challenge…


If you end up sewing these dresses, give us a shout-out in the comments and let us know!


Melinda and Melody


6 thoughts on “two new patterns up!

  1. I made the Lisianthus dress. It wasn’t too difficult. I think I did change the construction a bit but can’t remember what I did differently. I have had many compliments on it. I also made the School Girl dress. It was very difficult working on the armholes after sewing the side seams. I made a note to sew the sleeves in first next time and then stitch up the side seams after. It should work. Come to think of it, maybe that’s what I did with Lisianthus. At any rate, I love your patterns and I’m excited to work up the others. Kyla

    • Hi Kyla! Yes, I usually do like to sew the side seams first and then put in the sleeves in the round — but sometimes putting the sleeves in first can be easier 😀 So glad to hear you’re having success with the patterns!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s